Global 1940 Six Allies?

Nick R
So I've had my first attempt at creating a map, with no luck. Editing the XML seems beyond me.

This seems like a simple mod so maybe someone out there would like to take it on?

I just want to do a version of 1940 Global with six allies. This would come from removing UK Pacific from the game and giving it's territories, units and some or all of its objectives to ANZAC. Otherwise all the same. The capital would remain in Sydney while India would just be a regular minor factory for the side. So ANZAC would be the british colonial forces for the india and pacific theatres effectively.

The african and middle eastern territories would remain as UK British.

The idea is to make them a bit more of a powerful and dynamic land and sea based side, which would shake things up in the pacific. It would make a japanese invasion of Australia much more worthwhile, but would also give the ANZACs much greater ability to resist. A knockout move in india no longer works, so japan would have to work to contain the ANZACs instead.

Anyone keen to give it a go? I figures it's just some copy paste on the XML.

Re: Global 1940 Six Allies?

RogerCooper
Try editing the xml. You can use Notepad. Make tiny edits first to get comfortable. You could actually do most of this using the edit mode of the game itself. Test the scenario after the edit. You can post here if you get an error.

Re: Global 1940 Six Allies?

Nick R
Thanks Roger,
That what I had tried, but I got piles of errors and the game wouldn't even load. I suppose I'll just have to keep going through iterations until I get it right. Maybe I was trying to do too much in one go, will try a single change at a time.

I have done a save game with edit mode to change ownership and units, however the goal is to get a 'clean' version without the UK Pacific side at all and to make the objectives work.

Re: Global 1940 Six Allies?

Nick R
Oh and the main problem with doing it through edit mode is that India remains the UK pacific original owner and its capital. So if that territory is taken and recovered, it all reverts to UK pacific.

Re: Global 1940 Six Allies?

beelee
Hi Nick

Yea, what Roger said is the way to go. If you're not aware of it, Pact of Steel 2 by Veqryn, has a pile of xml information.

I found you have to be very meticulous about the whole process. When you get a error, a lot of times it's just a minor typo or something left out. They can be hard to spot. I think there's xml editors out there that can find some errors easier than others.

Anyway, what I've found to work is having a backup folder, and then work directly in the downloaded maps folder in triplea. Do one change. Then test. If it passes, you copy it to your backup folder.

If you get stuck, post again. There's a lot of people that'll help

Re: Global 1940 Six Allies?

beelee
Yea having it work w/out edit is ideal. So probably start by replacing all of UKPs TTys to whoever you want. Then change their units. Then go after NOs.

You'll want to rename your mod as well. The xml name needs to match.