Get Kicked

sieg
This post was updated on .
lol

Re: Get Kicked

hepster
Curious?  Why even try to sign up with a name that is sure to offend some one almost immediately?

Re: Get Kicked

pug6000
I would say the webmasters made it right, if you already know the why without being told.

Re: Get Kicked

Ajmdemen
Yeah and its quite amusing how you are so insolent complaining about it on the forum

Re: Get Kicked

yamamot0
This is quite funny - nobody told you, but u know, why u got banned...

There are Lobbyrules:
http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=100&forum=1
Read them and try again.

I would have banned you too. We have kids on the server.

Re: Got Kicked

OnanTheBrBr
The admins dont receive a salary for the tiresome job of keeping the lobby clean of the same immature stuff over and over again.
As you can see from the posts above, the majority of us appreciates the lobby being more mannered recently, mainly thx to SB.

You tried to step on the carpet with dirty boots on, and you were kicked out. Surprise. So what?

EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: Get Kicked

i certainly appreciate whichever admin was quick enough to boot you for that name,

why do you even think that is appropriate?

Re: Got Kicked

nolesfan1
ya man grow up and don't mess around, its not funny the lobby is a place for clean appropriate behavior not stupid, immatuer behavior. thx admins and as  general rule act in the lobby like you would around your mother would you being saying things like wetxxx around your mother?? I don't think so. you will be unbanned soon but please learn your lesson and behave!

Re: Get Kicked

SilverBullet
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Re: Get Kicked

Re: Get Kicked

sieg
that happens when people try to be funny...

but serious, a warning b4 get kicked would be nice, even if the name is bad...

greets

sieg

Re: Get Kicked

Re: Get Kicked

yamamot0
Wtf! So Sieg is Wetp**** or what? Where is the lobby going....

Re: Get Kicked

OnanTheBrBr
Open source has no "no rules" implication.

Being an admin is a tiresome and probably pretty unthankful job. Usually, one gets the bad feelings of the ones banned, while there probably is little thanks from others to make up for it. Furthermore, it lies in the nature of the job that there frequently will be decisions taken which are not 100% up to everybodies personal standards. Give the admin(s) some credit.

I am glad we have an active admin now and prefer that much to the state of not having one. I mean, there is little glory anyways in being big-mouthed on the internet, hiding under the cover of anonymity. Why fight for the right to do so?

EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: Get Kicked

I think you guys may misunderstand what "open-source" means,

Open source means that anyone may view and edit the source code, so long as they make their changes available to everyone else in the world as open-source too.

This does not mean that other people must go out of their way to provide a service for free (like the lobby), or put up with any behavior, or bend over backward to accommodate every single different opinion on how to run things.

Take for example, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or RHEL for short.  They are open source, because they provide the source code.  However, they don't actually provide any services at all unless you pay huge amounts of money ($800 at least, per server, per year).  If you go and download the source code and compile it yourself, you will find that you are unable to even access "yum updates", which is the simplest way of updating your rpm packages, that all rpm linux systems use.  And I'm sure if you joined their support forums under the name "WetPussy" you would be banned without even a notice.

As for jokes and messing around, swearing, etc.  Please feel free to do that in your own game.  The admins do not police games, only the lobby.  So you can swear to your hearts content inside your own game.  You can join your own game as whatever hilariously offensive name you want.
(In order to join a game without joining the lobby, just use the "Connect to Network Game" button from the main triplea screen.  It will let you join a game in the lobby, while bypassing the lobby.)

Re: Get Kicked

Re: Get Kicked

sieg
hi again

cmon guys, i dont want to start this discussion...

but think we have to gain as much players as possible in the lobby, thats why i made this xxxx post.

i wondered that i get kicked without a word, if i was realy a new player i would get upset and maybe didnt return...

but i agree that there should be some admins who see that nothing realy bad  happens in the lobby...

so

wish u a happy new year

greets

sieg

Re: Get Kicked

Ajmdemen
"Blind"? I'd say that the mentioned teenager is the one being blind in your example. Don't think it would be appropriate if admins started going out of their way to accomodate stupidity and immaturity.

I agree that high level of tolerance is the advisable course, but a line should be drawn somewhere.

Funny how sieg's stunt provoked this discussion too :)

BTW thx very much for introducing "ignore" button again. I would be still up for giving ban option to hosts in their games (which are private as Veq said).