Game of the Month 4

ZjelcoP
Welcome to the fourth TripleA Game of the Month!
This GOTM will finish end of November.

This month as requested:

Map:
   World War II v6 1941

Mission:
   The Axis are expanding their empires. The Allies are putting up more of a fight than anticipated.
   Destroy their will to fight by hitting them in the hearts of their Nations.

Objective:
   Capture 2 enemy Capitals and hold your own.
   In case of a tie the player with the highest Total Unit Value difference wins.

Special conditions:
   The Allies are exchanging their valuable resources to support each other in this fight.
   Allies receive 25% Income Bonus.

   Only difference in Challenges this month is LowLuck vs Dice.
   You can compete in both Challenges

Submissions
   Please send your final submission by mail to TripleA.GOTM@hotmail.com so I do not have to check every save in this thread.
   Feel free to share any results in this thread or keep them to yourselves.

Rule change
   In the Dice-challenge no reloads are allowed at all.
   In LowLuck reloads are still allowed from start of turn 5, 10, 15, etc.

Game options:
   Set these options:

For all info, rules, results and discussion:
    http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2074&forum=36

Have fun!

Re: Game of the Month 4

Cernel
Just sent you the savegame for the dice contest (let me know if you didn't get it).

- You have not specified the stable is to be used, and I've used it (I've used the regular 1.8.0.9, not the current prerelease).

- You have not specified that victory is end round, so I assume it is; and the victory option could have been on, then, since the "Total Victory" option is exactly the victory condition you set (as you can read in notes).

- You have not specified if the turn matters, or only the round (for example, achieving victory the same round with Germany would be better than achieving it with Japan or not?).

- Either all results must be uploaded in forum for all to see or you should not partake in the contest, cause you would be the only one having access to all of them. A solution would be that you make your game before opening and upload it; tho this would disadvantage you, and I don't think it would be good, anyway.

- Turns out that +25% is way too low to have a challenge here and it appears to me that AI play here is much worse than in v5, for some reasons.

- Since the map is so small, this challenge could have been no reload for everyone (but in general I approve the no reload dice and the reload 5 rounds lame luck).

Thanks for hosting this interesting contest; hopefully people will join and let's see who bashes the AI the hardest!

Cheers

Re: Game of the Month 4

ZjelcoP
@ Cernel,

I got the savegame allright.

If not specified latest stable indeed, regular 1.8.0.9.
Since this one is of really good quality there is no real need to go for the latest AI for the time being. Before the difference between stable and latest-AI was becoming really big.

As stated in General rules: http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2074&forum=36
-make save when objective is met at end Non-combat-move.
So not at end round. Means German turn beats Japan.
Same reason why Victory option is off on purpose.

Indeed for fairness I can't compete after submissions in mail.  Already finished my previous games early in the month.
Lately pretty busy so not competing at all... Future If I want to I'll play it as a test-game to test playability of challenge.

Cheers

Re: Game of the Month 4

Cernel
Aww so my +48 AI killing with Yamato and Musashi won't matter and TUV diff only +8

Re: Game of the Month 4

ZjelcoP
Month is almost closing, so is this GOTM.
Unfortunately so far only one submission.....

Cernel needs some more competition!

Re: Game of the Month 4

ZjelcoP
Final result:

Cernel made a nice conquest in round 4-2!
GotM_20151109_Cernel_World_War_II_v6_Win.tsvg
Allthough he was the only participant it is a tough accomplishment to beat.

As participation is low at the moment and I'm incredibly busy in private life I'll suspend this competition for now.
Perhaps in the future I'll feel like giving it an other try.

Anyone willing to continue these challenges in any way feel free to pick it up.
Perhaps with a new approach to the challenges, format or attracting players you will have better results.

For all those who participated: Thank you for playing! Enjoyed it!