Game does not start

Lukas
Hi there,

when I start the game only the "big Icon" pops up but the nothing more happens. Seems like an error or the FW kills the programm. Could not find an error log though and deactivating the firewall seems not to have helped.

My specs:
Win7 x64
TripleA-1.9.0.0.3393
Java jre1.8.0_121
FW Comodo 10.0.1.6209

Some weeks before all worked fine. I am not sure if java got updated since, but the FW definitely has.

I tried deleting C:\Users\<User>\triplea + restart but it didnt help.
An older version (triplea_1_8_0_9) does not work neither

Re: Game does not start

Lukas
hm, really nobody here with an idea?

Re: Game does not start

RogerCooper
Did you try completely uninstalling everything and starting from scratch?

Re: Game does not start

Lukas
jup (everything = tripleA), but did not help...

Re: Game does not start

prastle
Administrator
dl newest stable .3627 and try after updating java  if needed

http://www.triplea-game.org/download/

Re: Game does not start

Lukas
woohoo! it worked - not sure what exactly helped though..

Here are my steps:
- Deinstalled prev tripleA version
- ploughed thoroughly through the registry and deleted (nearly) all items refering to tripleA
- installed new java
- installed new tripleA x64 stable version

thanks to you guys!

Re: Game does not start

captaincrunch
partypartyparty