Quantcast

Game Not Launching

Gary
Ran the installer for 1.0.8.9. Trying to open and the blue circling spins then stops. Nothing opens.

Windows 10
Java 8

Re: Game Not Launching

RogerCooper
64 bit or 32 bit?

Re: Game Not Launching

aaalafayette
1.9 is just being released. Does that work for you? http://www.triplea-game.org/

Re: Game Not Launching

prastle
64 bit most likely

Re: Game Not Launching

bluelionman
I'm in the same boat - not played for ages (no time) but when I today was clicking on my TripleA icon on my home screen to see who's in the lobby as have a few hours kept getting this error come up:

Since then decided to re-download as my version was from May - but still no joy - it does not create a new shortcut and when it finishes installing and I click next nothing happens and I can't find it anywhere on my PC to manually run it - so no idea if that would make it run?

Thinking about it I don't think I have played since I updated my PC to Windows 10 (from 7) so wonder if this may be the cause - does the game platform not work with Windows 10?

Any advice most helpful (as I am not very computer literate). I just want to be able to play again and finish game saves I have with others.

Thanks
Where would you rather be than right here, right now?

Re: Game Not Launching

P@nther

Re: Game Not Launching

bluelionman
Thanks P@nther - that seems to have worked for me to. Weird how just doing that cures the issue yet Java said we had the up-to-date one only anyway.
Where would you rather be than right here, right now?