Frontpage Art

ZjelcoP
Hi,

because the TripleA's frontdoor really needs some love and attention I've been working on something.
If approved of, anyone with the right access please put it here on the top, to immediately show visitors they came to the right place. http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

If necessary I can resize the picture or put it in an other filetype (png, etc)

Just below it should be a button which is very tempting to press and says "Enter TripleAWarclub" or something. This to show anyone coming in for a new download or whatever that the TripleAWarclub is out there and is the place to play and connect with others.
Still working on the button art.

I'm open to idea's and feedback.

final_1_no_frame.jpg
final_1.jpg

Cheers Zjelco

Re: Frontpage Art

Frostion
Wow! Thats the Tatooine map  However, would it not be possible to have more maps represented on that start screen? Like if there were a random picture showing in every corner? Alternatively, if it is one big picture with 4 fixed maps, then that picture would be a random among others? Or maybe a totally deferent way of having more maps represented, and also open for adding pictures to the collection whenever a new map is made.

Isn’t it a shame if the Civil War, 270BC and other nice maps are not represented?

Re: Frontpage Art

That's awesome. I think Frostion has some interesting points but its definitely way better than what we have now. I think that would be a very welcome image to the front page and help to bring it to life. Hoping Veqryn agrees.

@Veqryn - If you need assistance with managing/updating the sourceforge pages let me know.

Re: Frontpage Art

Eschelon
Looks good!

If I might suggest a change, that'd be changing out the lower right corner for the 270 BC map (the new one).  The Lord Of The Rings map would be another suggestion, except that might open up the gates to IP Hell...

Not a big deal, but that would be more representative of TripleA's ability to cover multiple eras.

Re: Frontpage Art

That looks great, and is a good start.

The big question is, where should we put it?

We need a design for the webpage that includes the things users will need to know, buttons and links, etc.

Re: Frontpage Art

hepster
I just dragged out this old thread.

I will help out in any way I can.

The original design was intended to shout out everything (info. wise) we already had on the main page while also creating a means to get people excited about DL the engine.

Here's a link to the old thread.

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Proposed-revamp-of-the-Triple-A-Site-tp7580219p7580680.html

Re: Frontpage Art

@hepster - What ever happened to implementing your homepage mock up? Just never found the time?

Re: Frontpage Art

hepster
Yup. It was shortly after I mocked it up that I went on hiatus from TA for a while.

Since then I have continued to be very busy, but I am now at a point where I have some free time again.  So when I saw this it reminded me of the discussions from long ago.

Re: Frontpage Art

@hepster - Do you still have the images, html, etc? If so I'd be interested in taking a look.

I really don't see much drawback to changing the triplea sourceforge homepage to something with more color/life. It doesn't have to be perfect the first time around as we can always update it again. I'm guessing we could initially host the new homepage at a different URL to test it out before switching over. Guess we probably have to talk Veqryn as he's probably the only one that has access or knows where the files live.

Re: Frontpage Art

ZjelcoP
Glad to hear you guys like it.
What I had in mind for the frontpage is quite like what Hepster made. Really starts looking appealing.
However I have no knowledge or skills to do that, so came up with this as a quick fix and a start to liven up the frontpage and show in one pic what TripleA can do.

I'll make an other one with 270BC replacing NWO to see how that works out.

Would be great to see the site getting a good make-over.

Re: Frontpage Art

ZjelcoP
As requested v2 with 270BC.

Rotating maps is also a good idea. If the new design for the website isn't going to happen some time in the near future I can work on that. For now this should do.

mapsdone_v2.jpg

Cheers

Re: Frontpage Art

Ondis
Here's a grayscale version that might work a bit better for the game itself considering it's mostly gray.