Empires - Napoleonic Wars

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

i think they would have to not-repair, otherwise it would unbalance the game

the current fortresses are the perfect stats for the perfect price

i doubt much will change in the future

free-for-all means everyone is against everyone, free to make alliances and break them

edit,
3.7 is out

Version 3.6 - 3.7 changes:
Changed Novgorod from 2 to 3, Moscovia from 6 to 5.
Removed 1 Swedish marine from Svealand.
Added 1 Fortress to Hanovre.
Added 1 Tower to Hollande.
Changed Russian ingria marine back into an artillery, change a latvia artillery into a marine.
Moved 2 French Fusiliers from Paris to Anjou, and 1 fusilier from Picardy to Auvergne.
Reduced price of General and Encampment by 3, to 15 and 11, (and two less for UK: 13 and 9).
Removed the isDestroyer ability from Frigates.
Changed sz58 UK corvette into a frigate.
Removed 4 starting pu from spain.
Changed 2 Burgundy Cuirassiers into Grenadiers and moved them to Valais.
Changed Slavonia Tower into Fortress.
Added 1 Hussar to Moscovia.
Changed 1 Austrian Fusilier into a Marine, and 1 Chassuer into a Grenadier.
Upped Spain's convoy to 16, and compensated by going to -12 on her National Objective.
Introduced an Austrian cutter in sz77.
Flipped all units so that Coalition faces west, and Carols face east.
Replaced Austrian flag on naval units and small.
Changed the Marshal to have more specific names for each country.

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

Dan Slayer
Veqryn wrote
i think they would have to not-repair, otherwise it would unbalance the game

the current fortresses are the perfect stats for the perfect price

i doubt much will change in the future
hmm... ok, balancing is an other thing... I mean the 2hit fortress is a good opinion against coastal bombardement... but ok, its your game ;)

Veqryn wrote
free-for-all means everyone is against everyone, free to make alliances and break them
aaaah, cool! how you mean, to make alliances? the game engine has this option? diplomatic option? i never heard this... how can i set this option? have you a kind of instruction for?
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

alliances are by word only
you can not enter someone else's territory or it is breaking the alliance

to set this, simply delete the entire alliance section and suddenly it will be ffa

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

Dan Slayer
ahhh... ok... its a pity... :( i thought, i can change this in game... ;)

but i dont understand this from gameplay. if i set someone as neutral or part of enemy aliance, then i can not move in his territory without to attack him. if i set someone as allies, then i can move in his territory. i can set this option only in xml-file, or in tsvg too? i think not in tsvg... so, how can i change my alli-stat in game?
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

you tell him, he lets attack so and so, and not each other
then he agrees and hopefully follows through

(you could also just try one of the 20 or so FFA games out and you will find out very quickly how it works...)

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

Dan Slayer
gg :) right! I try it so! ;) tnx veqryn
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

Prussia
Veq, please change the small austrian marker in the "flags" folder of this map.

The current one in use is the prussian flag, just look at my logo:

We should use this one instead:

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

3.8 is out,

thank you prussia for bring that austrian mismatched flag to my attention, i have fixed it, tho i did not use your black outline version since i wanted it to match the style of the other fleet flags.

Version 3.7 - 3.8 changes:
Changed Default Victory Condition to be honorable surrender (13 vc), instead of total victory (14).
Removed 1 defense from the Mortar unit, so now it is zero defense (5/0/1 with artillery gives support ability).
Removed Austrian Cutter.
Removed Tower from Constantinople.
Changed Madrid Fortress to a Tower.
Added a Tower to Catalonia.
Gave Spain back 2 pu.
Changed Spain's convoy from 16 to 14 (negative NO is now -10, to keep the original income of 4 from the convoy the same).

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

I will be releasing 3.9 in a week,

with only a single fix:
apparently there is a connection between Bohus and SZ21 (and there should not be, they are not even close to each other).

So.....
is there anything else in need of fixing or tweaking or balancing?

I was considering giving the UK 2 more pu to start the game with...

not really sure what else, the game is pretty balanced right now.

ideas anyone?  (small tweaks, not major overhauls)

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

KirK
got an error while playing this mod,i copied what it showed in the error window,hope this helps

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry CRC (expected 0x64543900 but got 0xa5b91970)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populateFromZip(NewGameChooserModel.java:135)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populate(NewGameChooserModel.java:86)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.<init>(NewGameChooserModel.java:35)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.loadDefaultGame(GameSelectorModel.java:217)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.LocalLauncher$2.run(LocalLauncher.java:133)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Set phasers to KILL!!!

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

kirk, did you restart triplea after downloading?  (close all triplea programs, make sure it isn't running at all, then start up triplea again)

try running it again and see if you get the same error?

if you do, can you try re-downloading the map? then after that, restart triplea, then try to start a game of it?  do you still get the error?

if you do, can you tell me when does it occur?  does it occur when you start triplea?  or when you click choose games?  or when you select napoleonic empires?  or only after you click start game for starting a game of napoleonic empires?  and can you see the map?

never seen this error before...

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

KirK
yes,i restarted after downloading all the different maps in my collection thus far.
i quit AAA and ran it again and same thing happened,so i rebooted my comp and then all worked fine...

playing as France,the game had frozen mid-combat round on round 4 i went to my save and worked fine till round 20 then it locked up again,then when i shut the game window i saw the error window.

after the reboot i finished the campaign with no further problems.

really liked this mod,although the british navy didnt seem very aggressive,they had many chances to smash my navy on several occasions but didnt :)
Set phasers to KILL!!!

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

if you have a slow computer, the AI can get stuck playing some of the bigger powers and take very long turns (like 30 minute turns).

you do have 1.2.5.5 Triplea, and the latest Napoleonic Empires (3.8) right?

anyway, glad to hear it works now
i highly suggest playing against real humans, as the AI is usually not too smart with its navy, and navy is a big part of this game.  the game is still pretty new, so anyone you play online will most likely have the same level of experience as you.

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

KirK
3GHz Core 2 Duo
2GHz RAM
8800GT 512 MG

yep everythings updated,played out another game with no problems so maybe it was a 1 time thing
Set phasers to KILL!!!

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

triplea123
hi, i am new to triplea and i love this game! always played axis and allies when i was younger.  I have seen your napoleonic empires map and its a time period I would really love to play in...however... i am colour blind. and i find your map extremely hard to look at, becaue the territories dont change colour, and i have to look for these little flag icons to tell what is going on.  i was just wondering if there was a plan for a skin to come out that can make the map more of a political one? or is there any way i can do this myself?

thanks!

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

ya this is actually something in the options menu.

once you start the game up,
click "VIEW"
then click "SHOW MAP DETAILS"
if that is unchecked, it will remove the all the pretty stuff and just give you the political colors for each territory.

you can also click "SHOW MAP BLENDS" which if on, will attempt to blend the political colors with the green topographic map. (both details and blends have to be on for blends to work).

good luck.

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

triplea123
awesome! thanks so much for the info!

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

Just released version 3.9,

BUT you can only get it WITH the next version of TripleA, found here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/prerelease/

some changes include:
ability to turn off the extra units (similar to NWO, except the extra units become available turn 2)
removed a spanish tower
removed a connection that should not have existed
cleaned up some art
cleaned up game notes

so... if you want to play it, go download the latest prerelease.  it comes packaged with it, and is great fun.  I put some effort into making MooreAI play this map better, and the results should be easy to notice.

edit:
to clarify, the "extra units" are: Mortars, Marshals, Towers, Fortresses.
to turn off these units, just make sure to un-check the "Use Triggers" option in the game menu.
turning off these units makes the game simpler for new people, and makes the AI's run a little faster during purchase phase.
if they are not turned off, these 4 units become available on turn 2 for purchase by every power.

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

fuzzykitty
Ran into the following error when using revision 2945:

java.io.IOException: Incompatible engine versions. We are: 1.2.6 . Trying to load game created with: 1.2.5.5
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameDataManager.loadGame(GameDataManager.java:67)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameDataManager.loadGame(GameDataManager.java:57)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameDataManager.loadGame(GameDataManager.java:41)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.load(GameSelectorModel.java:96)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.selectGameFile(GameSelectorPanel.java:277)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.access$100(GameSelectorPanel.java:17)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel$3.actionPerformed(GameSelectorPanel.java:173)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6267)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4577)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
Exception in thread "Triplea start local thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.DUtils.CanUnitReachTer(DUtils.java:847)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.DUtils.GetUnitsThatCanReachTer(DUtils.java:830)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.DUtils.GetUnitsThatCanReachTer(DUtils.java:823)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.DUtils.GetUnitsMatchingXThatCanReach(DUtils.java:1926)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.DUtils.GetTersMatchingXThatCanBeAttackedByUnitsMatchingYInTersMatchingZ(DUtils.java:558)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.DUtils.GetEnemyTersThatCanBeAttackedByUnitsOwnedBy(DUtils.java:540)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.Code.DoCombatMove.GenerateTasks(DoCombatMove.java:156)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.Code.DoCombatMove.doCombatMove(DoCombatMove.java:49)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.Dynamix_AI.move(Dynamix_AI.java:251)
        at games.strategy.triplea.baseAI.AbstractAI.start(AbstractAI.java:309)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.waitForPlayerToFinishStep(ServerGame.java:633)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.runStep(ServerGame.java:491)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startGame(ServerGame.java:303)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.LocalLauncher$2.run(LocalLauncher.java:125)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Re: Empires - Napoleonic Wars

Wisconsin
That error just means the save-game file is from the older version of TripleA. (Game saves aren't always compatible between versions)

By the way, what map were you running when you got the AI error?
123456