Eastern Front NO Error?

agorjest
This post was updated on .
easternfrontNOerror.tsvg
I'm playing Eastern Front vs. AI v 1.3.3 by RODTHEGOD and Veqryn. Great game by the way! However after round 1 Neutral Russia supposedly achieved a National Objective #1 (what that is I have no idea) and got an extra 300 PUs, over double what they had at the beginning, which put them over double the Axis combined total. This does not sound right to me. Is this an error? Which National objectives does Eastern Front use? Would appreciate any help from anyone who's played this game, as I don't believe there is a manual for it.

Thanks. Game file attached.

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

wirkey
that's just some cash to compensate for weak AI, to make the game a bit more competitive.

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

agorjest
Thanks Wirkey. That seems like a lot per turn for a bonus for the AI. Is it pretty easy for the Axis without it? I've given the Russian AI a defense bonus of 1, and it seems like that's enough of a handicap so far.

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

@agorjest - Really depends which AI you are playing against and if you have the latest version.

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

agorjest
I'm playing against hard AI and giving them a defense bonus of +1 so the Axis is kind of in a stalemate along much of the front. Any way to remove the 300 Russian bonus for good or do I have to go into edit mode each turn?

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

beelee
Go to game options before you start the game and see if it has the ai flat rate bonus set to 300 there. If so you can change it there. If not you could try searching in the xml which is in the games folder for russian bonus and see if anything comes up

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

agorjest
Beelee, thanks. No flat income rate. Checked TripleA_1_0_8_9 folder but did not find a "Games" folder. Am I looking in the right place?

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

All of the Play-Against-AI games TripleA currently features (mostly by Zim Xero), comprising this one you are playing, have been balanced based on the "Moore" AI, now currently called "Medium" AI. Of course, they can be nothing but much umbalanced in favour of the AI player, if played with "Hard" AI. So, there are only 3 possible solutions:

1) You play them with Medium AI (the AI with which they are supposed to be played and have been balanced for).

2) You update them as to be balanced for Hard AI.

3) You give the AI some negative bonus, if the game allows it (if the game does not, go back to point 2).

Hope this helps.

p.s.: All these AI-balanced games are doomed to be broken/unplayable (cuz too hard) when Medium=Moore AI will be removed (both Veqryn and redrum want to remove it, afaik). So, someone rebalancing them for Hard AI, as per point 2, will be needed, if you are up to it (and the uploaders accept your changes).

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

Cernel
At redrum:

After Moore=Medium AI gets removed (if you decide so (which I think it's good, if another better AI not using the battlecalculator is disposable)), I would suggest redrum (on whoever) to be particularly permissive in accepting changes to the play-against-AI maps TripleA has, if anyone wants to rebalance them for Hard AI (because, if you remove StrongAI, you are basically broking them all, as well as trashing all the balancing made for them (just saying that if someone, even a total noob, wants to rebalance them, no point not accepting the changes, cause balance will be so much off that can't really get worse)).

You can easily understand how a play-against-AI map balanced for being a good challenge against Moore is a ridiculously impossible challenge against Hard AI, already.

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

I just checked the map and I seed that it exists:

"Eastern Front vs Humans"

I suggest playing that (against Hard AI), giving some AI bonus to the AI (try a +25 AI Bonus Income Percentage).

"Eastern Front vs AI" should be played only vs Medium AI, but probably better just playing the vs Human version, against Hard AI with some bonus.

Cheers

Re: Eastern Front NO Error?

@Cernel - Yep, I'd just play the vs Humans version and give the AI some bonuses manually. Once Moore AI is removed we can probably just update any maps with vs AI modes to remove those or rework the bonuses.