Dragon War – Open Beta

Re: Dragon War

hepster
It is definitely a masterpiece....

The scaling of the territories is mapped out beautifully... big enough that most every stack fits in every territory with few exceptions.

Esthetically it is without equal on Triple A.  I know the map itself was done by someone else... but the scale of the territorial highlights... thickness of the border lines... unit imagery... all work beautifully together.  The sounds were very well done as well... in fact better than some actual software releases.

The size of the map and the unit size is perfect... you can zoom out to get a good view of a larger swath of the map while still being able to make out every unit.

The vast array of units and features adds real depth.  While there are lots to choose from... they all have a purpose and use.  And with the multiple resources it make it a necessity to have options.

As far as balance it is hard to say... as I have only played the AI.  But I will say this, I played both sides and basically had the same challenge.  The games went roughly the same amount of time and the outcomes were more or less the same.  While the AI is still a lack-luster opponent, it played out about as challenging regardless of sides.

Very well done.

Re: Dragon War – Open Beta

General_Zod is making a mod of this and asked for the d20 diceset, so I'm uploading here the full d20 set currently in a map of mine (MEAD), also in case anybody will ever want to make a variant with more than 8 sides (I told him to open a Topic about it, but he said he lost his password):
dice.zip

Myself, I would leave all the 20 dice even if the map has less then so, just for mod friendliness (for example, I intend to leave all 20 in MEAD, even tho that is d12 only).

Re: Dragon War – Open Beta

Frostion
Thanks for the info. A mod sounds interesting. I hope it will be posted on the forum so we can try it out
I have made a new Dragon War thread here:
https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/74/dragon-war-official-thread
123