Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

bluelionman
This post was updated on .
Sorry man I never new about the key strokes option (ctrl-v to paste) and that worked. Till just now only ever new about right clicking on a mouse, selecting 'copy' then going to where you wish and right clicking mouse again and selecting 'paste'.... when that does not work I am at a loss as to what to do other than to type manually but often links have to many weird characters to do that easily with my low skill set (not knowing how to get the special characters up). Any way now I know another way - thanks.

I am sorry to be such a pain but I hope to make new friends through this community and at some point when in a position to make a small donantion to say thanks for making it possible for me to continue to enjoy A&A type games on my PC. I wonder if people ever meet up to play in person or if anyone has actually tried making one of these games into an actual physical board game - like A&A is?

Where would you rather be than right here, right now?
Xan

The links no longer work. The main one returns a 500 error, the secondary and old one return an "unexpected field: TITLE" error.
Xan

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Xan
I also get a 500 error when going to this link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/
and trying to manually download a map. Did not test each file, only the Revised Variations file. I get the 500 if I let SourceForge do its thing or I click on the direct link. I tried a couple of mirrors and also received errors.

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

eurofabio
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/ is working for me.

Revised variation file downloaded without problem.
Xan

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Xan
Hm. Appears to be working now. Must be the firewall I was behind at the time.

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Zim Xero
It was giving me the 500 no connection errors 3 hours ago, but now through Eurofabio's link it is not.  Its probably the site.

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Rolf Larsson
Was uploading yesterday a big bunch of MBs, during update it might be causing errors. However the 500 bla error came when I had a look at the downlist before updating for me, too.
We now have custom dice!

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Frank
I get the link to paste but says Error for sourceforge

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Elcayon
One question: before my computer crash I had a couple of big maps, where I was able to play 11-22 countries. After I re-installed and downloaded Triple A again, I cannot find those maps. They are not in the lists of the download section. Where are they? I want to play my Thailand campaign again :-(

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

eurofabio
Did you format your computer?

Do you remember the name of the map? If you don't remember, do you remember at least the kind of map (ww2, medieval,...)?

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

predgeha159487mmer
Hey so i think the maps you are talking about are.....

world at war
total world war
rising sun
WW II global

Hope this help!

Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 21:42:41 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Did you format your computer?

Do you remember the name of the map? If you don't remember, do you remember at least the kind of map (ww2, medieval,...)?

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Download-Maps-Links-Hosting-Games-General-Information-tp4074312p7583994.html
To unsubscribe from Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information, click here.
NAML

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

SantaClaus
Could've been Medieval Europe, which has 18 countries.

But he'd have had to download that manually, since it's not in the repository.

Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 14:55:53 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

One question: before my computer crash I had a couple of big maps, where I was able to play 11-22 countries. After I re-installed and downloaded Triple A again, I cannot find those maps. They are not in the lists of the download section. Where are they? I want to play my Thailand campaign again :-(

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Download-Maps-Links-Hosting-Games-General-Information-tp4074312p7583993.html
To unsubscribe from Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information, click here.
NAML

RE: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

GoPatton
I enjoyed my first online game last night, but I was up too late.  Is there a way to adjourn or surrender a game?  Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

John
Someone should make all the maps from the Total War franchise. Rome Total War was made and its the map 270BC but someone should def. do Medivel Total War and Empire total war as well would be awesome

Re: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Asfa
Hey,
i cant download a few maps from the Depot, for example WAW. Getting this:

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.3
Exception in thread "Thread-8" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.mapDownload.InstallMapDialog.copy(InstallMapDialog.java:433)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.mapDownload.DownloadRunnable.run(DownloadRunnable.java:82)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.background.BackgroundTaskRunner$1.run(BackgroundTaskRunner.java:25)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Allready tried reinstalling. Any suggestions?

Re: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

try increasing your max memory

you can do so either through command line, or through the engine preferences section

(right now, you are running out of memory while downloading some big map)

also, try downloading the maps one at a time

OR just download the maps manually

Re: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Mitchell-Captain
Hi.Veqryn ,I want to ask a question about map download.If a TripleA map has been update,can I find the new version map on SourceForge? waiting for answer, Thank you very much.

Re: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

When TripleA gets updated, maps do not need to be updated in order to still work.

Re: Download Maps Links, Hosting Games, General Information

Mitchell-Captain
Sorry,I want to ask that can I download the latest  map on Sourceforge when the latest map come out?
1234