Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
any updates?

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

the devs usually don't check the forums daily, and even then i doubt they are going to comb through each thread.  On top of that, Kev already stated that he isn't going to comment.

So for any updates, you can see them on the triplea sourceforge page here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/

it looks like the latest news is this:
nov 14: Daral created a patch to fix a logic error in the weak ai (easy ai)
nov 13: hobbes found a bug to do with defending aircraft being listed as cargo
nov 13: comradekev updated the SVN (the next unstable version, basically) with 3 new features he is working on
nov 6: SGB updated the svn with fixes for lobby
oct 26: veqryn (me) created a patch for creating a find-maps button in the download maps section, and a help menu in the lobby with guides on how to download maps, how to host games, and the lobby rules.
previous months: comradekev completely redid the paratroopers code, among other things.

as you can see, there is activity,
perhaps you can find a way to contribute?
(creating patches, testing patches, testing the latest svn, reporting bugs found, looking for logic errors, etc.)

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Thanks Veq!

Here's a peek under the hood:

  //Kev new property names
  public static final String SCRAMBLED_UNITS_RETURN_TO_BASE = "Scrambled Units Return To Base";
  public static final String SCRAMBLE_TO_SEA_ONLY = "Scramble To Sea Only";
  public static final String SCRAMBLE_FROM_ISLAND_ONLY = "Scramble From Island Only";

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
Veqryn wrote
the devs usually don't check the forums daily
Wasn't asking daily.  3 days between my posts, almost 3 wks since the donation drive started.

Veqryn wrote
On top of that, Kev already stated that he isn't going to comment.
The don't poke the bear fear is getting old.   If Hasbro/WOTC wants to sue again, they can/will.   It's not like posting in the forums is going to make it happen faster.   If NES emulators and ROMs are all over the internet, I don't get the fear from adding new features to the engine.  Scrambling from airbases was not invented by Larry Harris.   There was a game called Gulf Strike from 1983 which had aircraft carries and combat air patrols.  Same concept.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
Veqryn wrote
perhaps you can find a way to contribute?
(creating patches, testing patches, testing the latest svn, reporting bugs found, looking for logic errors, etc.)
I've spammed every forum I can think of looking for donations, and also for Java programmers who might want to have a look at the game (a lot of unemployed folks out there).

As for "testing" anything, I'd love to, when a playable g40 style map w/the correct rules is available.  I will play the shit out of it looking for what needs to be fixed.   But right now I am not interested in playing the older maps when the new rules make for a more interesting game.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Axisgeneral
Just made a donation of $100. Good luck gentlemen and keep up the great work

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
/Clapping
12