Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Ok, I am going to give you guys some motivation to motivate ComradeKev to code the rules for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 into the TripleA engine.

Here is how it will work:

I will match 20% of every donation to TripleA, (up to $50 on my end, tho a minimum of $10 on my part).  I will let this little donation drive run for 2 weeks, or a month if it goes well, then I'll make the big matching donation.

Here is where you go to donate:
https://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=44492
or directly, here: https://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=44492

This money will go to SGB and ComradeKev, who are the people coding TripleA.

Please mention in your COMMENT when you donate, that the donation is specifically for the 1940 RULES!

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
perhaps put same post in A&A.org forums?

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

SilverBullet
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

nolesfan1
if I give will it help me get unbanned?? lol although I think I will donate anyway. let me just scratch up some change from under the couch ;)

oh and I put the link up on the FB group 2

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

U-boat
Heck, if I had millions I'd donate it.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
If I had millions I'd have hired 2 out of work programmers on a 6 month contract and we'd be playing G40 right now.

Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
would that I could my friend.   I currently net about $50 a week.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

nolesfan1
donated $15 bucks hope thats enough or do you need more? Ill have to find somemore change ;)

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
I posted in all 3 forums on AAorg which cover the '40 games.   Who knows.

Any word on movement from the devs?

Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
I don't get the point of this comment.  No one said it was "easy" to do.   I had asked for an update, honestly I just want to know if anything has been started.   We're +11 months from Pac40s release.  A lot of these rules are not "new" as they were in Pac40.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

The point of the comment, to me, is that SilverBullet is being helpful- contributing in any way he can.  That goes a long way in my book.

As for an update, why would I confirm or deny working to directly support something that Hasbro seems to think is infringing on their intellectual property?

What I am willing to say is that I am currently working to resolve a few bugs that I believe are integral to being able to continue with future development.  I've collected some requirements for the next development push, and I will be starting on that code as time permits.

My hope is that the upcoming enhancements will allow the map creators to design a wide variety of games and rulesets.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
@Veq

Where are we at with the drive?   I feel as though we should be coloring in a big thermometer or something...

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

the scale of that thermo needs changing....
my goal for the donation drive was to get $100 or so,

kev, you have access to the paypal account, can you tell us how much has been donated so far since the donation drive started on Oct 26, 2010?  And also say how many people have donated since Oct 26?

thx,
veq

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

nolesfan
yes I agree I dont think well be getting $8000 hehe although if we did that would be awesome. I think $100 is a bit low though. maybe $250 bucks for a goal? I gave $15 I know others gave $20-$25 so if we could get 10-15 people at $10 bucks a piece with veqs matching we should have our goal.

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
do we have an update?   this whole thing was supposed to run 2 wks...

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Sean G Bridges just replied to my email, and says that
a total of $150 was donated.

so I will be donating $30 this weekend,

which brings the Total Donated to $180!

pretty good for just 16 days...

(you can still donate to the project even though this little drive has ended, even just $5 counts)

hopefully kev and others will code the global 1940 rules with haste
thanks everyone!

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

nolesfan1
thats great! I just hope its enough for kev and hes not greedy! lol :)

 no harm intended Kev you do a great job and thx for all the hardwork

Re: Donation drive for Global, Europe, and Pacific 1940 rules coded

Maherdogg
/hoping

seriously though, it would be nice for the engine to be supported still.   any info on the update process would also be appreciated...
12