Distribute map created with TripleA?

Thraug
Hello,

I created a map for A&A Global 1940 2e to be printed on paper and played in the boardgame version of AA global 1940 2e.  I based this map on an edited version of one of the TripleA global scenario maps, exported it, and edited it some more in Photoshop. It's gigantic, 94" x 40".

Am I allowed to give this map out freely to allow other to use it for similar purposes?  I'd like to upload it to BGG and aa.org.  I would be uploading a .png of the .psd file.

Thanks!

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

So long as this map/picture credits both "Bung" and myself ("Veqryn") for creating it originally, in big enough font for people to be able to easily read it,
And the this map/picture clearly says somewhere that it is from "TripleA", and it includes somewhere our website link: "triplea.sf.net"

then you have my permission to post it anywhere for people to download it and enjoy it freely

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

Thraug
Will do. Thanks Vegryn

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

Bung
Sounds cool, can you post a preview?

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

Thraug
Here's a preview of my trial printout.  I'll upload a final version after we play on it on March 9th.  I believe it's complete but I'd like to play on it before uploading it to the public.

The playable map area shown in these pics is exactly 93" x 40.167". The paper is 7mil and is 94" x 40.75".  The table it's on is 96 x 60".  The small metallic looking rectangles around the perimeter of the map are magnets to keep the map flat. There's a large sheet of non-glare acrylic under the map that the map will be place under.

My overall impression of the printout exceeds my expectations. The colors are very vibrant and everything is very clear, even the little Sea Zone numbers. I'll list the changes I made to the original TripleA exported image when I upload the final version to BGG, and after I get a final okay from Vegryn (I'll send it to him first).

Sorry, the first pic came out very blurry. I'm not a good photographer.

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

Edwin van der Wal
Even though it is "nice / good form" to mention TripleA, Bung or Veqryn. The maps on http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/ are released under GPLv2

Which means that anything on there you are free to download, (possibly modify), give away or sell for profit

As long as you:
1) give anyone that you give or sell the product to the (modified) source of whatever you give away or sell
2) give anyone that you give or sell the product to the full rights (modified) source of whatever you give away or sell.

In lay terms: You can do with it whatever you want as long as anyone you hand it over to gets the same rights as you have.

No attribution is needed.

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

that is pretty good looking!

Can you upload the source file here or email it to me?

VEQRYN

(at)

hotmail.com

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

Johnwilliamson062
Nice map

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

Thraug
We're playing Global 2e this Saturday on the map. I'll upload it afterwards, assuming it doesn't require altering.

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

Thraug
It's done!

Any suggestions on a free site that is good for hosting?  BGG timed out when I tried to upload the smaller 92mb png version. The Photoshop version is almost 600mb.  My first thought is mediafire.com

Re: Distribute map created with TripleA?

beelee
maybe try sendspace

I don't think veqryn can access mediafire

looking forward to checking out