Development To-Do list

Re: Development To-Do list

Zim Xero
I agree on all points, but would not combine phases.  Otherwise, I completely support these changes.  Unfortunately, I have not Java experience myself.  (just an xml guy with beginner skill in C Sharp).
________________________
________________________
I've got a couple of "wants" wrt UI improvements.

The first one is a Back button in the "Place Units" phase in particular. This will save a huge number of edits.

The second one is a combined "Purchase Units", "Repair Units", "Politics" and "Combat Move" phase. Second best would be to expand the back button to all the above phases except the first. Indeed, adding a "Back to Politics" button in combat move would mean you don't need to show it by default when war on neutrals is the only option. I guess that could be argued. Some of this violates the exact rule about turn order so that part might need to be an option. Particularly I want to be able to try combat moves and then change purchases.

The third one is a "Keep rolling until someone hits" button in combats. And why require pressing space to select casualties, for example?

Fourth one is when there is only one combat, why not just select it.

What do you guys think?

Re: Development To-Do list

simon33
One other point is that needing to select sub casualties without knowing the number of hits when you have a destroyer is a bug. This occurs in normal attack or defence phase then and not the special secret strike phase.

Re: Development To-Do list

simon33
One more ui improvement. If units ca only be mobolised in one place it should be selected automatically.

Re: Development To-Do list

aaalafayette
Zim Xero wrote
[...]

Those are some killer features, I've wanted them as well for some time. I'll cut a couple of quick feature request tickets:
- http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/710
- http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/711
- http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/712

Re: Development To-Do list

aaalafayette
Administrator
@ALL

This is a good place to discuss potential new features. But cut a new issue for anything that you want done, and do not want lost in the middle of a long conversation thread: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/new

Re: Development To-Do list

aaalafayette
Zim Xero wrote
Fourth one is when there is only one combat, why not just select it.
I was thinking there could be an improvement here as well. My thoughts was to have a "fight-all" button, that would automatically go to the next battle when you do not care about ordering.

Tracking in: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/711