*. Bug fixing of all kinds.
*. Further UI enhancements of all kinds.
*. [done] Remove occupiedTerrOf from engine (replace with originalOwner)
*. [done] Add ability to specify the starting round number in the xml
*. [done] Added crystal's territory effect for disallowed units
*. [done] Attempt to code offensive "aa" (first strike) shooting.
*. Attempt to code "only the targeted unit during strategic bombing will fire at only the units targeting it"
*. [done] Attempt to expand Air Battles to be allowed before any battle.
*. [done] Attempt to allow specifying max number of rounds each battle can last for.
*. Attempt to code "RISK"
*. Get sounds to work for clients in online play.
*. [done] Fix delegates so that steps are passed to a player instead of strings, and all delegates have a method for determining if they should run or not.
*. [done] Be able to right click on a history item/node and save the game at that point in history (then load the new savegame you just made).
*. [done] auto update / auto inform user that they need to update for any out of date maps
*. [done] auto update / auto inform user that they need to update for TripleA engine
*. [done] a popup with important new features + changelog for new versions of triplea
*. Custom Game Options for Conditions
*. Custom user action delegate for triggers
*. Risk startup phase delegate
*. Sounds for clients
*. Great war fixes
Also, we need a new developer for AI.
And we need a new developer to code STUN/TURN/ICE or some kind of NAT Traversal into triplea and the lobby server.
And we need a new web-admin to take over the tripleawarclub
There already is a good sourceforge project which plays Risk, including some of the recent variants called Invade Earth. What's the point of adapting TripleA to cover Risk, especially given Risk's very different turn structure.
Sorry Roger, but what is the point of limiting Veqryns will to enhance Triplea?
Can only speak for me here, I don´t want to play risk a lot (maybe a few times for fun, in the lobby I like, with people I like etc.), but certain aspects of risk like: the cards ,the random setup and the missions are very interesting. Those aspects will come additional to Triplea and allow for much more than simple risk. Imagine: Risk with different units and values, FFA maps with card trading and missions (eliminate player x to win...), sounds like a great addition to me, even when only some aspects can be realized, Triplea will benefit.
Plus, a player in the lobby who is playing normal risk, which will be available then for sure, is much more likely to have a look at other maps too, enriching the player pool.
Not to mention that adding some of those risk like features may be an interesting way to enhance existing mods or create whole new maps and games within Triple A that wouldn't have been possible without them.
i would also like to add 3 new update features:
1. auto update / auto inform user that they need to update for TripleA engine
2. auto update / auto inform user that they need to update for any out of date maps
3. a popup with important new features + changelog for new versions of triplea
Hello, I've now just took a look at the code cause i was curious about it and created just a simple AI with nothing in it (empty functions) and this AI just does nothing at all. So this can't be a serious TODO or is it?
* [done] fix noncombat move of a destroyer that attacked a sub, possibly with air
* possibly switch war declaration to be after purchase, for 1940 games
* subs should not roll prior to other units when destroyers are present. they should roll all together
* casualty selection should be done once, not in small amounts for each group of rolls
* fix issue with technology and game options, specificaly LHTR and # of dice for heavy bombers
* allow flyover of neutrals that have been attacked, in 1940 games
* [done] show movement points left, when selecting units
* [done] change end turn sound to only occur once per end turn, so reloads do not let it reoccur
* [done] figure out how to send messages to either all users, or certain users, but only 1 time per computer. possibly using display adapter by display messenger code, or something.
* [done] add two new integers to the battle calculator: average defending survivors when defender wins, and average attacking survivors when attacker wins
* [done] turn off option to disallow new observers, and instead force use of passwords
* [done] collect income phase popup report (non-blocking)
* [done] allow changing color of text (such as damage text, number of units text, etc)
* [done] allow editing land units to water zones
* [done] allow editing political situation somehow
* [done] pbem poster options to change if savegame is posted, or to allow reposting
* [done] edit panel button called "perform action", which just switches us to the action panel
* [done] end movement phase warning -> focus on territory with warning
* [done] add victory conditions to all maps that come with triplea
* add a condition to 1940 to hold objectives for full turn