Quantcast

Delayed production

davidrobinson
Hi,

 Is their a version or map that has some sort of delayed production of units.

 For example,

Turn 2 I buy 10 tank they are instantly available at the end of the turn to place.

 Instead we could buy them in turn 2 but they wouldn't be available to place until turn 3 it would mean much more planning ahead.

 David

Re: Delayed production

Cernel
Well, this would be somewhat possible, but what about the placement? How does it make any sense that I must decide to buy a Carrier 1+ rounds ahead, but I can decide if I'm actually building this carrier in England or in Australia instantly when I place it?

This can also be solved with the two-steps upgraded units; look at the Battleship of Total World War. There are no limits to the number of upgrades required.

I actually believe production and placement should be at the same time, as it makes no sense that you must decide what you are producing ahead, but you can decide where you are producing it just when you place it.

Re: Delayed production

davidrobinson
Your right, deciding where you will place it when building would also be a must.

I haven't checked out many other games except NWO and WAW so I will have a look at the one you mentioned.