Damage factories when captured?

Frostion
On my map all factories have 10 HP, and they can be bombed and become damaged.

Is there a way to make alle factories become damaged if captured by enemy forces? I mean I don’t want them to be destroyed when captured, just very damaged?

Ideas will be appreciated
Al

Re: Damage factories when captured?

Al
Great idea! I've often wanted to implement this. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Damage factories when captured?

Its an often talked about but sadly impossible feature.

A somewhat close workaround you can get is to make factories turn into another unit when captured. As an example, factory_captured could be what the factory becomes when captured. You can then create an option to build factories at a reduced price by consuming a factory_captured.

Re: Damage factories when captured?

prastle
Could a trigger work if captured suffers x bombing damage?

Just a thought.

Re: Damage factories when captured?

Frostion
I had a whole system of triggers in mind to try to overcome this. I had the idea that a hostile “sabotage unit” with strategic bombardment ability (to damage the captured factory) could be placed on the territory after factory capture. And have a fake player have combat rounds after every single player's combat rounds. But I ended up realizing that the unit would not make a bombing combat move and it would therefore not strategically bombard the factory.

I think it is a dead end. Unless you are thinking something else with triggers?

I have made a feature request though: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/1257
And cross my fingers

Re: Damage factories when captured?

Currently there is no way to check for bombing damage in a condition, or apply it via a trigger. The only ways it can be done is by a player doing a bombing run, or using edit mode. So to have literal bombing damage on capture, you would need code changes.

Re: Damage factories when captured?

prastle
Administrator
  I guess rocket's then have a similar problem?  If a rocket was created and triggered to fire.