Connection reset

Toddy
Hi,

i am a German and i often played Triple A a years before. My Nick is Puffel.
But i changed my provider and since this time i cannot connect to the lobby.
I tried a lot but it does not work. Then my provider told me that normal use cant open ports so i switchet to an buisness user to do that.
But no way. Connection always reset.

I need some help and i hope the comunnity knows the failure.

My english is not the best but maybe someone help me.

Hope to read some informations which help me to solve the problem.

PS: I have a friz box is that the problem or should i activate a static ip...

Thx a lot

Torsten

Re: Connection reset

You do not need to open ports in order to connect to the lobby.
The only thing you need to open ports for is to host a game, which is not really necessary, since you can join other people's games or a bot instead.

In order to join the lobby, you must be able to receive communication on port 3303 and 3304.
In order to join a bot in the lobby, you generally must be able to receive communication on ports in the 3300-3320 range.
In order to join normal hosts as a client, you generally must be able to receive communication on a random port in the 49152–65535 range.
No Internet service provider in the world prevents communication on these ports, so 99.999% probability this is not the problem.

Instead, I would guess with 90% accuracy that you haven't told your firewall to allow TripleA to communicate with the internet, receiving and sending.