ComradeKev, are you alive?

Hey Kev,

How is scrambling going?

I'm sorta waiting on you so that we can finish the factory patch, and I can look into capture-able and non-combat units.

Re: ComradeKev, are you alive?

nevermind,

it was easy to change once I found the right place in the code.  I made the capturable and non-combat thing, mostly by changing what your current properties do.  It is just a few small changes, so it shouldn't be hard to merge with whatever you have so far.

http://triplea.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/triplea?revision=2997&view=revision

here is the change log:
Changed "isInfrastructure" to be captured when taken.  isInfrastructure will now be used in place of the planned 'isNonCombat'. (veqryn)

Changed "isInfrastructure" to NOT be bombable. Made it so that "canBeDamaged" is now the switch to make something bombable. (veqryn)

<option name="isInfrastructure" value="true"/> now does only 2 things: the unit does not participate in combat, and it gets captured when the enemy takes the territory

<option name="canBeDamaged" value="true"/> now allows a non-factory unit to be bombed and rocketed (factory units will always be able to be bombed and rocketed)

I will NOT be making an "isCapturable" property.  If you have something non-combat, there are only 2 situations that can occur when you lose the territory under it: destroyed or captured
if you want it destroyed, use destroyedWhenCapturedBy and set it to all the players on the map (i just created this property, it works great)

So that means, from my last email to you, the only things left to do are finish scrambling, and then make isAbleToDieByBeingBombed

i can to the die by bombing thing, I'll just add a check somewhere after the bombing is done to see if the unit is at it's max damage and has that property set to true.  if so, remove.

so....
what are you working on at the moment?
is it just scrambling code, or anything else too?  I don't want to duplicate any work
any idea when you are going to finish?

thanks kev,
veqryn

ps:
since we have canBeDamaged already, I'm not sure I see the point of what isCombatInfrastructure does or is supposed to do in the future.
i'll leave it in for now though, in case we think of something.

Re: ComradeKev, are you alive?

bump,

i feel so lonely here....

squid and kev, where have you guys gone?

Re: ComradeKev, are you alive?

just lurking.

Actually, the day job has been seriously crimping my fun time lately.  I did do some work last weekend on the scramble/bombing infrastructure code.  I have plans for more this weekend.  Some day soon.....