Code name: San Francisco (ruleset for v5 and Global)

Code name: San Francisco (ruleset for v5 and Global)

Black Elk
This post was updated on .
After 50 some odd pages of thinking on the subject,I think I have finally hit upon a house ruleset I like for Global and 1942.2 here...
http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36518.0

The rules changes are fairly straight forward...

-Defenseless Bomber (SBR only)
This unit is now exclusively for raiding.
A0/D0/M6/Cost 5 SBR damage 1d6
No hitpoints in normal combat, only in SBR and escort/intercept. For use in both games.

-Move 3 Transports and Cruisers
M3 naval units. Transports and cruisers now have a standard movement rate of 3, OOB cost. For use in both games.

-Air Base +2 movement to air units.
This base now has an additional movement bonus over OOB, to facilitate escort and compensate for the Strategic bomber no longer being a regular combat unit. For use in Global.

Those are the big 3. All that remains is the submarine. As soon as we have settled on a proper implementation for sub units in both games, I will post the game files for general testing.

This is not a mod, but a comprehensive rules adjustment similar to the old Classic HR sets (code named after the D-DAY beaches.) It's intended for use in either v5 or Global, to fix the SBR system on those maps, solve the dark skies issue with air vs naval, fix the defensless transport, and make the cruiser finally interesting as a purchase option. Opens up the naval game and finally puts the SF VC into contention.

The goal is to integrate all the most problematic units in A&A under a new HR framework that is consistent across both maps. Strategic Bombers, defensless transports and cruisers were determined to be the units in most desperate need of attention. The last piece of the puzzle is submarines. Once we have that problem fixed, it will be a go.

Re: Code name: San Francisco (ruleset for v5 and Global)

Zim Xero
Before I played tripleA, I used to play house rules with 3 movement subs, destroyers, and cruisers.

Subs had +1 attack, and Bombers cost 10.  Both subs and bombers were limited to 1 round of attacking.