Chromebooks

CoachSchreiber
I am a teacher and would like to enable my students to play Triple A on their school issued chromebooks.  Is there any way to make this happen?

Re: Chromebooks

aaalafayette
Administrator
This page has a link to the installer: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases/latest (the all_platforms.zip I think is likely the right one for chromebook).

If you run into problems with the installation,  we'll be interested to hear the details (error message traces, etc)

In a few weeks, maybe month or so there will be a new official release of the github that will include a brand new,  easier to use game installer.

Re: Chromebooks

eamonnprunty101
   My name is Eamonn. I own a chromebook. I was also received one from my school district. Unfortunately, Chromebooks don't allow the installation of 3rd party software. On top of that, most likely your students probably have existing restrictions on the chromebooks. I was able to install linux (an entire different operating system) to hack their chromebooks. Your best bet would be to install TripleA on your computer and show it in front of the class.

http://www.itworld.com/article/2891142/how-to-run-linux-and-chrome-os-on-your-chromebook.html

Re: Chromebooks

Yeah, you essentially either have to hack a new OS onto it or hack Java onto it. Both are probably out of the question for school Chromebooks.

Re: Chromebooks

CoachSchreiber
Thank you for the tip.  We haven't been too happy with the chromebooks in the classroom so there might be a chance they will let us try something new next year.

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:15 PM, eamonnprunty101 [via tripleadev] <[hidden email]> wrote:

   My name is Eamonn. I own a chromebook. I was also received one from my school district. Unfortunately, Chromebooks don't allow the installation of 3rd party software. On top of that, most likely your students probably have existing restrictions on the chromebooks. I was able to install linux (an entire different operating system) to hack their chromebooks. Your best bet would be to install TripleA on your computer and show it in front of the class.

http://www.itworld.com/article/2891142/how-to-run-linux-and-chrome-os-on-your-chromebook.html

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Chromebooks-tp7591293p7591655.html
To unsubscribe from Chromebooks, click here.
NAML