Changing Color of old units

HuskerMike
I was playing the Game Of Thrones map and noticed how they used the Middle Earth units and some were in different colors.

How does one do this? What is the process called?

I know you can change the color of a solid object by using the Fill command in Paint. But, how does one change the color of an object that has various shades of a color?

Thanks.

Mike
Go Big Red!

Re: Changing Color of old units

Zim Xero
Use the "Colorize" function in GIMP or Paint.net  ---  those are the best two overall free graphics editors in terms of support and function.

In Gimp, you just play with the slider bars until you find the change you want, then you can save its profile and load it into any other unit to colorize it exactly the same with one click.

Re: Changing Color of old units

HuskerMike
Thank you. The Paint.Net works great! It is under:

Adjustments --> Hue/Saturation . . .

Whoo-hoo! Now I can make units of any color.

(Gimp also worked and it is under Colorize. However, it saves in a weird format, so Paint.Net is best for me.)
Go Big Red!