Card driven Wargames

Max in Twilight Struggle
Hey guys.

I m a great fan of the A&A series but I wanted to ask you guys if it is possible to use the game engine for Card driven wargames like Twilight Struggle, Hannibal vs Rome, 1989,  Here  I stand, Elisabeth I, etc.

I also wanted to ask you if anyone tried to implement Shogun / Ikusa or A&A 1914 ?

I m happy if you could answer my questions guys :)

Re: Card driven Wargames

eurofabio
No, currently is not possible.

I'm also a huge fan of Twilight Struggle and specially Hannibal vs Rome.

Re: Card driven Wargames

Zim Xero
i think it would be fun just to design and playtest some card-type battle games against the computer, but an AI to handle the weird myriad of rules... would be epically hard.  Difficulty to master, variety, small package of basic elements... thats what makes these games popular.

Re: Card driven Wargames

Max Power
I think this would be a great addition if the game engine could handle card driven wargames, but I doubt that it is easy to integrate this into the code.....

Re: Card driven Wargames

m3tan
Although it's not possible to create a card driven game, you could achieve a similar effect. I've created a resource called "command points" which are basically CDG ops. You collect them by holding "key" territories or objectives. They are use-it or lose it each turn. I've attached a "CP" fuel cost to leaders and larger combat units. The "ops or event" mechanic is simulated by each turn offering a group of randomly triggered "events" that you can purchase with CPs. If you want multiple "card plays" per turn, create multiple combat move and battle delegates for each player, resetting CPs (or not) each time, that alternate before you complete each income and production cycle...