Cant Connect/Host Online Game

FireZealot
 Hi

I'm having trouble hosting any type of online game. When I host a network game my friend gets "cannot connect"

when I host online in the lobby, after about 10 seconds I get "Your computer is not reachable from the internet. Please check your router settings".

I AM reachable on the internet and my firewall is off. What should I do?
To the meaningless French idealisms: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, we oppose the three German realities: Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery - Prince Bernhard von Bülow

Re: Cant Connect/Host Online Game

squid_daddy
if you are behind a router you may need to set up port forwarding.
triplea uses port 3300

if you don't how to set up port forwarding go have a quick squizz at www.portforward.com

Re: Cant Connect/Host Online Game

Adda
I've the same problem, but I've already forwarded port 3300.
The problem seem to be IP releated. Help anyone?

Re: Cant Connect/Host Online Game

Bung
@FireZealot, if your firewall is off, and your router is port forwarded and you still cant host, call your ISP, you pay them.

@FireZealot && @Addy, There is a stickied topic in the General forum (where this thread should be in the first place) that has hosting information: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Download-Maps-Links-Hosting-Games-General-Information-td4074312.html

*email poke, read my above post*

Re: Cant Connect/Host Online Game

FireZealot
I'll try this weekend to host an online game. So far my cousin and I are just doing PBEM.