Can one make a map on the Boxer rebellion and Zulu WARS?

Can one make a map on the Boxer rebellion and Zulu WARS?

grant1977
Hello,

I was wondering, would anyone be interested in making a map based off of the Boxer Rebellion in China in 1901 and The Zulu Wars in 1879.

Also their is the India Campaign wars also.

These would be Great topics or themes for this engine.

Thanks

Re: Can one make a map on the Boxer rebellion and Zulu WARS?

The Red Baron
I actually once was interested in a Zulu Wars/Boer Wars map, and have some half-completed basetiles and unit images sitting around while I finish other projects, but you can create your own if you like. Take a look at the Pact of Steel XML found in the maps folder, and click on "Launch Map Creator" under "Engine Preferences" to learn more about map-making.
"The aggressive spirit, the offensive, is the chief thing everywhere in war, and the air is no exception." - Manfred von Richthofen

Re: Can one make a map on the Boxer rebellion and Zulu WARS?

grant1977
I know nothing about making maps for this game and I have no resources for the game even if I did. I would think it would need someone experienced to make this type of map/mod

Re: Can one make a map on the Boxer rebellion and Zulu WARS?

RogerCooper
Making maps is difficult but not impossible. Try the map-making tutorial.

On the other hand, the wars you suggest would not work well for TripleA. TripleA has no ranged attacks and no supply rules. Building new units is a fundamental feature of TripleA. These brief colonial campaigns don't really fit the TripleA model. All you end with is a game which has the units of the conflict, but none of the feel.

If you are interested in Colonial Wars, the Second Boer War and the French conquest of Vietnam show more promise.

Re: Can one make a map on the Boxer rebellion and Zulu WARS?

grant1977
Are those games or mods and if mods what game were they for?

Re: Can one make a map on the Boxer rebellion and Zulu WARS?

RogerCooper
I am just suggesting better topics. There is no existing mod covering these areas in sufficient detail to be used as a map.