Quantcast

Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

Navalland
How can I? Is it possible?

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

crazy_german
Relief tiles can be made in any image editor. So you could theoretically move those face images from wwIIv3 to other maps. If you are able to do photoshop that should be enough knowledge to do so and make it look decent

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

HardThunder
You can do that by taking the Basic map. Checking the size of the maps you with to replace. Resize the map to the same size, cut the tiles and rename them to replace the ones you wish.

You can do all that in IrfanView
http://www.irfanview.com/
It will even cut the tiles.

I would even make a clip of how to doing it, with a PDF help file for a nominal fee of $10,000. ;-)
I don't hate you, just the person that plays you in the real world

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

Navalland
But I think I need the map's png picture for draw relief tiles is it true? How can I get the png picture?

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

crazy_german
If you download the original map creator, there is a utility hidden in a folder called "TripleA map image extractor", which can turn reliefTiles or baseTiles into a full map image.

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

You actually need the original 2 tiles, used for the land and the sea, to do that. Those tiles should have been saved somewhere, but I'm not aware of.

I would suggest sending Veqryn a mail to have them, but I'm not sure that would do anything, at this point in time.

All the basic tiles used in the creation of the main referring maps should be saved somewhere in GitHub, if they are not, already, or it won't be possible making a World War II v7 etc. map with exactly the same style.

Can the main developers contact Veqryn to have all the basic graphic stuff saved and stored for future use, in case anything has to be remade or whatever, if not done already?

I guess there is (was?) a lot of old basic stuff in Veqryn's computer, that would allow remaking or correcting the main maps, or are those things saved somewhere public? I recall that it was Veqryn applying the traditional (same as Revised) relief style on v5 and v6, when made. If nobody has them anymore, it won't be possible to correct errors or do the same for v7 etc. (not that I'm too upset about it; I quite dislike the sea looking like the sky, actually).

If you look at World War II Revised and World War II v6 they have exactly the same relief, despite being many years apart, because Veqryn has the basic tiles and applied them. If Veqryn didn't share, this won't be possible anymore (unless he comes back), nor it would be possible do any major changes to the existent.

Anybody knows anything about this?

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

Navalland
I taked the map's png picture. ALso I have paint and GIMP what should I do to create relief tiles?  Please xplain step by step.

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

Cernel
You need the original 2 patterns, for land and sea, that Veqryn used, and I don't know if anybody else around here got.

Try sending Veqryn a mail.

Re: Can I to adapt WW2v3's Relief to The World at War (Ezell) or Global War ???

P@nther
No need to download it as it is included in TripleA.

Find it after lauchning TripleA
->EnginePreferences->Run the Map Creator->Other: OptionalThings-> Run The Tile Image Reconstructor

Get the exact pixel size (width and height) of the map from the map.properties file before using it.