Brand New Player

bluelionman
I am sorry if this has already been mentioned or fixed but I am really new at all this and found this game when a US friend introduced me to it last year when on holiday there.

Basicly I always loved the Axis & Allies board game so when he showed me your Big World 1942 TrippleA game I have become addicted.

However only gripe I have is in distinguishing in the filed of play between Battleships, Cruisers and Destroyers - maybe it's my eyesight but a few times it has cost me dear moving in for a naval landing and then not getting the support shots offer so thus only realizing that the said ships where not as I thought battle ships but probbaly destroyers or cruisers. It's one thing losing but really hurts losing by not being able to identify what units are on the field of play - especially your own. Could perhaps not something be done to make thngs more clear - perhaps a bold border around the siloutte of Battleships or a star under any vessle that has support shot capabilities that way battle ships always would and destroyers would when you have that power - technology advantage.

Just my two penneth worth.

Not played over the net yet as not sure I am very skilled nor how to actually do it - as you can see I am not skilled in PC and the internet.

Thanks to those who have made this forum and game up though - brings me many hours of fun.
Where would you rather be than right here, right now?

Re: Brand New Player

RogerCooper
They are hand distinguish in the boardgame as well.

Re: Brand New Player

Zim Xero
The battleship unit graphic is cut off on the end, making it the sloppiest looking unit.  Perhaps it is overdue for a graphics make-over.

Re: Brand New Player

VictorInThePacific
There are a couple of workarounds. One thing you could try is switching to "territory" mode, when you will be given unit lists in a rather clearer way. You could also try using the Battle Calculator (CTRL-b). Then a tool tip is available to tell you what units you have.