Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

Bas71
Hi, I've run into a weird error. Don't know what's causing it, the XML seems to be in order though.

Please check the image below. Yellow and green are allies, blue and purple are allies. It is possible for green to invade a blue territory, through an occupied purple territory.

This should not be possible. What may be causing this?

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

post the xml for us to look at

also, what version of triplea are you using?

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

Bas71
Thanks Veqryn.

It's in the latest version (0.5) of the Camp David maps (the Yom Kippur War):
http://www.lemairefilm.com/triplea/CampDavid.zip

It seems to happen only in/at the territories "Al Mafraq" and "Az Zarqa", both oddly shaped Jordan territories.

I am using TripleA 1.2.5.4.

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

On first look, I'm guessing it's a problem with the connections in the xml.

For example, when looking to recreate it, I opened the game and bypassed the Iraqi turn.  For Central Command (darker green), I added a tank to Nablus and tried to blitz through the Jezreel Plain into Irbid.  On the map, that's only two moves, but the route chooser selected a route that was 4 long.  I forced the tank into Jezreel Plain and then tried to continue it into Irbid- the distance was still 3.  Looking at the xml, I don't see a connection between Jezreel Plain and Irbid.

I'll take a look further if I get a chance, but this is a good starting point.

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

WhiteElk
Kev... The Israeli Jordan border is intended to be uncrossable. Thats why you couldn't move from Jezreel Plain to Irbid. It's intentional.

I encountered this blitzing through occupied terrority somewheres in Southern Egypt. With both Tank's and APC's (Israeli). Can't remember which terratories, will play another game and look for more.
A link to the TripleA wiki (work in progress)

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

Bas71
@ComradeKev
WhiteElk is correct. I have removed the direct conections between Israel and Jordan, as part of the Yom Kippur scenario (no third front).

@WhiteElk
Thanks. Please let me know if you find more oddities.

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

Bas71
No one with a solution for this one? Please?

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

I'm looking into it.  I haven't been able to put much time into TripleA this last week, but this week is looking better (fingers crossed).

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

trouble1
zombieland has the same problem...but only with tanks (which can't blitz in zombieland) trucks which can blitz and other two movement units (halftracks) it doesn't happen with.

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

I've been changing a bit of the code in the movevalidator right around where you SHOULD be getting the 'unable to blitz on that path' message.  However, I'm not seeing which change would have fixed the issue.  I'd say let's take another look at this after the next unstable release (don't know exactly when that'll be though).

Re: Blitzing through occupied territory - this should not be possible

Bas71
Ok. If there's any way I can help, please let me know.