Battle Screens are wast of time.

Rand
These are %90 totally useless, we must just click the screen but I think no need that. War screens must automatic.

Re: Battle Screens are wast of time.

crazy_german
I think there is a lot of room for improvement in the battle window. For larger maps, especially those with 12 sided die, its much easier to close the window at look at the map, or even open up the battle calculator than use the window to see who has what units. You also can't see all casualties if there are too many unit types, instead you have to check history.

I think a big problem is that 80% of the space is allotted for viewing what dice were rolled. I don't really need to see the dice, I trust the engine can count and especially in low luck its a big waste. Its probably a remnant of the board game roots of tripleA.

Ideally, I should be able to see all units lost this battle, all units remaining and what round of combat we are on (relevant for maps with a limited number of combat rounds). On Age of Tribes I regularly have to close the battle window and open up history or the battle calc or both.

Re: Battle Screens are wast of time.

simon33
1.9 has an option to proceed thought these - after a brief pause.

Re: Battle Screens are wast of time.

pug6000
Typical situation in NWO round1:
Sea Battle Gibraltar, Germany attacks with 6 subs + 1 dd, UK defends with 1 BB, 1 carrier and 1 dd. First battle round computer would choose dd as first loss, which would be bad.
Sea Battles often require different loss orders because of value and subs, so no battle screen would be bad.

Best regards
Pug

Re: Battle Screens are wast of time.

aaalafayette
Administrator
@All - Please be more specific in the conversation.
1.9 only skips the battle confirmation if there is nothing to confirm. If there are casualties to be selected, the confirmation is never skipped.