Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

Apparently, Apple in their desire to squeeze even more money from all developers, has decided to that from Mountain Lion onward, ALL SOFTWARE WILL BE BLOCKED BY DEFAULT, unless the developers hand over $99 for an "ID".

So, in order to unblock TripleA, please take the following steps:

1. Throw out your Mac and buy computer/OS from a more friendly and open and less evil company, such as a Linux or Windows machine.  (or just install the linux/windows OS on your computer)
2. Rejoice.

Alternative instructions for unblocking TripleA:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290

1. Open up "Gatekeeper"
Gatekeeper options are found in Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab under the header "Allow applications downloaded from:"

2. Change "Allow Applications Downloaded From:" to "Anywhere"

3. You should now be able to open and use TripleA (and any other software).

thanks,

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

Cleisthenis
Why don't you set up a kickstarter page with the goal to raise the $99 for the developer ID? I'd be willing to kick in 1-20 dollars towards this if it meant more people playing and contributing to the community because it is listed in the App Store.

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

siparo
I would also be willing to kick in some money to get TripleA on the MacOS AppStore.
Jon

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

Jon
Thank you it worked....oh and thanks for the humour too ;)

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

aaalafayette
Administrator
Unpinning, this message/content has been worked in with the download website after you start downloading the mac installer: http://www.triplea-game.org/download/

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

belee
got it to fire up on mac but there's a pulsating flash of a pop up window running continuously. Anybody experience that ?

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

ohhimark
"got it to fire up on mac but there's a pulsating flash of a pop up window running continuously. Anybody experience that ?"

I am experiencing the same thing on my Mac. The pop up window repeatedly flashes. What can be done about this?

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

beelee
It's discussed on github here:

https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/1269

not fixed yet. You can run 1809

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

simon33
Seems to work if you minimise Triple-A. Whether you would call that playable is debatable though.

Re: Attentional all Apple / Mac OS users! (must read to be able to play)

regularkyd
it still doesn't work if u minimize. i've tried this (and about everything else)