Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

U-boat
This post was updated on .
http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/

Because of how successful the App Store was on the Apple mobile devices, Apple announces that in 90 days the App Store will be open for Snow Leopard. I think this is the perfect opportunity to open the TripleA community by offering TripleA on the Mac App Store...free of course. This won't require any coding, just a review by Apple. I'm not sure if this will cost anything, maybe and upfront price to review it, but nothing else. Updates will be easy. I see this being a big step in "advertising" TripleA. Hopefully you feel the same.

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

is this an actual review (we get a score, the score is advertised to people downloading), or just a check to make sure our program runs and works, has no malware, etc.?

cus if we are getting a score, right now, triplea might fail that review....
if the person who reviews it does not know axis and allies type of games, he would have no clue

1) we have no tutorial
2) we do not show how to play a map
3) we do not show how to use triplea
4) we only come with 4 maps, and have no Link or anything to find more
5) no help files, no FAQ, no forum, no support, nothing (these forums would count, if only there was a link to them on the main screen of the program, or something like that)

No, it is simply for checking of malware and anything else like that. I'm not sure exactly how it works. The review will be longer than it would take for an iPhone app because the program is a lot bigger. I'm 100% we would pass, unless some more Hasbro stuff comes up.

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

U-boat
http://developer.apple.com/programs/mac/

It sounds like you need to register as an Apple Developer. It's $99 per year. You need that to be able to submit programs. But, since TripleA is already made, it sounds fairly simple. I am slightly worried about whether or not this is require the creation of an entirely new app. From what it sounds we can just give them what we have. I would contact the Apple development site at http://developer.apple.com/contact/. Pop a question about how TripleA is structured and if it will work. Worse case scenario, we are back where we started (perfectly fine).

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

OnanTheBrBr
dont likes giving them Apple money suckers anything for free (or even paying to give it to them) that helps them make their money machine more popular.
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

U-boat
Hey hey...Apple hater. I happen to love what they do. haha. Anyways, $99 a year to be able to share TripleA to millions of more users isn't a bad idea. So far 3 billion iPhone/iPod apps have been downloaded. That's billion with a "b". 3,000,000,000,000. Although this won't equate to millions of TripleA users, it will help. I'd say if the budget allows for it, go for ahead.

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

Maherdogg
I vote use the $ donated for the G40 rules.

And get the g40 rules coded :)

not that i have a vote.

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

U-boat
why would it take moolah?

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

Veldek

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

U-boat

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

FireZealot
I say go for it. If everyone here donated 1$ it'd work...

What about an iphone/ipad app? Maybe even for a small price (5$?). I'm on the go a lot and some triple a would be awesome. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks for it...
To the meaningless French idealisms: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, we oppose the three German realities: Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery - Prince Bernhard von Bülow

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

U-boat
The problem is Apple is not accepting Java based apps. In fact the future of Java on OS X is quite shady.

Re: Apple Announces Mac App Store - Perfect for TripleA (Free Of Course)

FireZealot
I heard that it can be OK for development or something. I'm not a dev, but what do these links say?

http://www.java.net/external?url=http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/09/09statement.html
http://www.javaworld.com/community/node/5117