American Civil War Unit Icons

Valdemar
Greetings,

I've been playing TripleA for rather a long time now and consider it one
of the most entertaining and intelligent games on the internet.

I would like to make a contribution in the future by making some American civil war maps. I have
asked an artist I know to make some unit icons, for a fair price, but he has generously offered to make the icons for free. He has recently completed the first icon, that of a Confederate Cavalry unit, which I would very much like to share with you here.

He also makes very beautiful fantasy and game maps, which you can find here.

http://djekspek.deviantart.com/

Are there any others considering making American civil war maps? I would really like to play them.

Regards,

Valdemar

PS. I have just inserted the image in this post, I hope the image is downloadable and usable like this.

Re: American Civil War Unit Icons

when you want to change the hue of a unit picture, to match nation colors for different maps, you must first start with a unit that has colors, as a black and white image will not change hue

if is very hard to add color to a unit

but very easy to remove color

is it possible that he could make them in color?  (that way more people could use them for different purposes?)

otherwise, looks cool

there are 2 civil war maps already out, but neither is balanced or very playable.
check the download list

RE: American Civil War Unit Icons

Valdemar
Hi,

I will ask the artist, when he has completed the grey Confederation icons, if he can add colour.
He is rather busy at the moment, so I don't really know when that will be.

Regards,

Valdemar

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/American-Civil-War-Unit-Icons-tp6461717p6463032.html
To unsubscribe from American Civil War Unit Icons, click here.

Re: American Civil War Unit Icons

U-boat
What is the ideal color to create unit in?

Re: American Civil War Unit Icons

any color really,

if you have ever used a program like paint.net, photoshop, or gimp, or maybe even regular paint, it allows you to "Change Hue" of an image

hue basically means you can change the color of an image, from any color to any other color

the only thing that doesn't change, is any grayscale (black, white, grey, etc.).

thats why it is better to make images in color, then change them to black and white later...
you can go from color to black and white in 1 second, but going from black and white to color is basically impossible

Here's the second unit icon, the Confederate Infantry.

Re: American Civil War Unit Icons

Valdemar
Here are the completed units for both sides. I think they turned out pretty good.

Re: American Civil War Unit Icons

Valdemar
Here are the last of the icons, Gatling Guns.