Admin Abuse: CERNEL

tonykart
Cernel entered our private game today and proceeded to kick us from it because he claimed my friend had an inappropriate name.  The name was DongJooce.  I can understand his ignorance, because how could he know, but my friends last name is Dong and we all call him Juice.  When I informed him of this he defended his position and proceeded to kick us again.  The abuse finally stopped when I said I would report him from Admin abuse... so this is me following through.

I realize that I shouldn't expect reason from someone who spends his Saturdays banning people for using their IRL names in a board game simulator... but I could have at least expected an apology he realized he was wrong, and a cease in kicking.

As I am tyyping this he proceeds to kick again.

My request is that CERNEL have his position revoked.  People this unstable need not have even the slightest bit of fake power.

To CERNEL:  I feel sorry for you.  I hope your life improves.

Re: Admin Abuse: CERNEL

Frostion
Nothing good can come out of just throwing mud on the forum. There are normally two sides of a story. I hope you both, Tonykart and Cernel, can end up seeing and understanding (or just tolerating) each other’s point and actions … if there is any substance in this story.
Understanding and tolerance = Good
Unproductive quarrel = Bad and a waste of time.

Re: Admin Abuse: CERNEL

Zim Xero
Sounds like your friend needs to change his in game name. (case closed)

- I had a music teacher once named Richard Whacker.  Do you think that gives him some sort of protected right to use the screen name Dick Whacker?  This is just online reality... not 3rd grade civil rights.  sorry.

Re: Admin Abuse: CERNEL

u called a mod an idiot, and u continue disrespecting him inhere. for your information cernel is 1 of the best mods around. not to mention how friendly he is to everyone who has a friendly tone in his voice.

Cernel did his job as tripplea requests of him, we can only thank him for doing that job and keeping the lobby clean of any probelms that arise.

my suggestion to you and ur friends, plzzzz take a normal name, some name ANY games allouws because cmon no game ur gona log in to will allouw those names. and 2nd plz respect mods wishes, dont call em idiots and ull find out they really arent like u describe them

Re: Admin Abuse: CERNEL

This is the DEV forum.

If you wish to complain about being kicked, or banned, or anything at all, in the lobby or in a Host Bot, then the place to do it is the TripleaWarClub:
http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/

Re: Admin Abuse: CERNEL

tonykart
Slinging mud?  Where else do I address this issue?  I didn't see a way to contact an admin.  Understanding and tolerance would have been him listening to me explain to him politely 3 times the situation.  I realize that people are very concerned about forums not turning into a "mud slinging" mess, but this was really the only place I saw to post this where it might be addressed.

Internet immaturity is inevitable.  It is especially depressing when it is an administrator that is guilty.

Quickdraw bannings are just ridiculous.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Frostion [via tripleadev] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nothing good can come out of just throwing mud on the forum. There are normally two sides of a story. I hope you both, Tonykart and Cernel, can end up seeing and understanding (or just tolerating) each other’s point and actions … if there is any substance in this story.
Understanding and tolerance = Good
Unproductive quarrel = Bad and a waste of time.

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Admin-Abuse-CERNEL-tp7588268p7588269.html
To unsubscribe from Admin Abuse: CERNEL, click here.
NAML

Re: Admin Abuse: CERNEL

tonykart
Sure.  That was never a suggestion.  Just straight to ban.  "im banning you for your name", "what? that's his name" "im banning you"... um ok.

The fact that the admin saw DONG as innapropriate speaks more to his immaturity than mine.  Asians beware.  If your name is HUNG you are totally screwed.  Some immature admin might become somehow offended and ban you.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Zim Xero [via tripleadev] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sounds like your friend needs to change his in game name. (case solved)

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Admin-Abuse-CERNEL-tp7588268p7588270.html
To unsubscribe from Admin Abuse: CERNEL, click here.
NAML

Re: Admin Abuse: CERNEL

ice
he did ask and slap several times without any response back, ur friend never talked nor did he complain about his ban. i gues he knows why

case closed in dev forum. someone plz lock or delete

ice