A few scratches I was putting together

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Pulicat
If you use photoshop, you could use the colorize function when you are adjusting hue/saturation and remember the color coordinates and just use the same ones every time.

Puli
how now brown cow?

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
Well seeing as I am Photoshop deprived is there a way to do that same thing with Paint.Net?  I've tried adjusting the hue with it, but it doesn't really make the unit colours & high lights uniform.  Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Pulicat
Hi hepster,

I'm no familiar with paint.net, but does this help? Perhaps you could "sepia" the image first and then adjust the hue.

Also, I am going to use your escort carrier and frigate in my 1942 mod of the Pacific map, check it out:

You will of course be properly credited :)

Happy Holidays!

puli
how now brown cow?

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
I wondered what that Sepia function did.  What does it do? I'll have to take a closer
look at it. Thanks

I had another idea as well just to simplify unit creation as well.  When everything is complete what I'd like to do its attach one image to each group of team units that gives the base colour or hue for each team.  That way people trying to make unit variations have an easier way to get perfect matches when they are creating.

Use them at will, that's why I'm making stuff!  It'd make me happy just to see the units in a game!

Merry Christmas

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hep, could you possibly make a convoy zone marker where the boat is sideways, and the entire marker is 32x32 and a second one that is 48x48?  (i am guessing you make the original much much bigger, so it is not a problem to resize it twice for me?)

also, kev needs some new icons for the next version of triplea, specifically we need

(the factory we need, needs to be based on the current factory image, because during a game it will switch from normal factory, to the new icon under the right circumstances)

factory_disabled
factory_disabled_hit
naval_base_disabled
naval_base_disabled_hit
air_base_disabled
air_base_disabled_hit

thanks,

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hey hep,
i edited your naval base and air field.  it looked good on a white background, but there was an issue once you put it on a colored background of certain areas being transparent when they shouldn't be, and other areas having fuzz that should not have.

edited versions:

i have included these 4 images with triplea's next release, credits to you, thanks a ton (can you make disabled versions too?)

also, what exactly did you do to the regular german planes, i can't see the difference

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
I'm back after a very long absence.

I'll be more then happy to take on any new work as soon as I get caught up on all the stuff that has gone on here.

Veq, and all the others.  Glad to see some of the unit designs have made it into game play.

Veq, the German bomber was changed to look like the Heinkle.  With the swooped wings and adjustments to the tail.

Glad to be back.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Veqryn wrote
hep, could you possibly make a convoy zone marker where the boat is sideways, and the entire marker is 32x32 and a second one that is 48x48?  (i am guessing you make the original much much bigger, so it is not a problem to resize it twice for me?)
I will remake this with the 2 sizes.  Was there anything specific you wanted?  A round image? A square image?  Let me know and I'll getter done.

Veqryn wrote
also, kev needs some new icons for the next version of triplea, specifically we need

(the factory we need, needs to be based on the current factory image, because during a game it will switch from normal factory, to the new icon under the right circumstances)

factory_disabled
factory_disabled_hit
naval_base_disabled
naval_base_disabled_hit
air_base_disabled
air_base_disabled_hit

thanks,
veqryn
Let me know if there is something specific you want.  ie. a big red X in the corner of the icon, a capitol D in the corner... etc.  And can you make a post with the specific images that you want me to customize?  Thanks, Hepps

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

actually, download triplea 1.3 and check the images folder
i've already updated the airfield, harbour, _hit, _disabled, and blockade/convoy images

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
Cool.  I'm planning on downloading it this weekend.

So i guess that means they are no longer needed then.

Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Axis Overlord
Do you know when and where the trenches came about? I see them in quite a few of these maps but I've never seen them on an actual board game
I spend too much time playing this game.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
I know not where they first originated.  I certainly cannot take credit for it.  TripleA may have been their starting point (though I doubt it {mind you, I'm a bit of a pessimist}), however I have, for a very long time, dreamed of a game with differing levels of defensive fortifications.  It was not until I stumbled upon this wondrous site that I found like minded individuals willing to create new and challenging concepts.  I drew the different levels of fortifications hoping that some one with that magical combination of; a touch of skill, creativity and fear & wonder, would create a game with all of them in it.  My dreams are almost at fruition.

Sorry I could not be of more help to your query.  Perhaps someone else will shed some light.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Joe Pants
Does anyone have the Escort Carrier image saved without the black background?

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
What do you mean black back ground?

I was surprised to see this thread revived.  It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Joe Pants
Never mind Hep, I was saving them incorrectly.

*