A few scratches I was putting together

Ok, so here is the compilation of new static units that may be useful for the new E40/P40 games.  There are also a couple new drawings that aren't necessarily for any specific mod. but the icons may come in handy to update the look of existing games.  For the units that are new creations I have included a small description of how I think they would be used providing the coding could be done to allow them to function as described.

Small factory                          Small Tech Factory               Small Tech Factory Hit

Small Factory  Small Factory Hit  Small Tech Factory  Small Tech Factory Hit

Large Factory Large Factory Hit  Large Tech Factory   Large Tech Factory Hit

Airfield  or Airfield   Airfield hit   Airfield disabled

Alternate Airfield   Hit Disabled

Harbour   Harbour Hit   Harbour Disabled

Infrastructure  Infrastructure Disabled

materials

Oil Symbol  Oil Material (unit)  Oil Derrik  Oil Derrik Hit  Oil Derrik Disabled

Fixed position     Dragons Teeth

Trench (+1 to 1 Inf. Defense/Trench) one hit  Bunker(+2 to 1 Inf. Defense/Bunker) one hit  Bunker & Trench (+3 to 1 Art. or Inf. {highest unit in Terr. Auto place} Defense/B&T) Two hit Bunker & Trench Hit

Radar Station  (+1 to defensive aircraft and A.A.) can be disabled via S.B.R.     Radar Station Hit  radar station disabled

Coastal Defense Battery   Coastal defnese Battery Hit
I made some new symbols for convoy routes

Some new art for the German bombers Heinkel He lllk

& Revised Stuka Dive bombers

Re-revised stuka

Found the old(ish) thread for where the tactical bombers were.  Did a bit of re-work on the Japanese T-bomber

Naval Fighters

And here is just a possibility for the tactical bomber or long range fighter for the Americans

And the American Air Transport

And some improved Italian aircraft

Infantry units (so far)

The changed marine units (so far)

The revised marine units (so far)

Revised Engineers

Mortar units (so far)

Para Troopers (so far)

Alpine units (so far)

Capt. (so far)

Colonel (so far)

General (so far)

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

i like them,
but can you clean them up a bit? particularly the aliasing / jagged edges...
if you need more space, don't be afraid to go all the way to 55x55, so long as not all of it is used (should have a lot of transparent areas)

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
I'll see what I can do.  But I'm working with the basic paint program so I can't guarantee my results will be award winning.  I will try to soften them up a bit.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

nolesfan1
these look awesome man! I really like the new style and thanks for the effort and hard work. Like Veq said a little cleaning up and they should be ready for the big time (a map ;) )

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

junk2drive
If you can use Windows Paint, you can use Paint.net

It has a button to turn on/off AA.

It is free and well supported.

Nice work.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
Cool thanks for the suggestion.  I'll take a look at it and see if I can clean them up.
Glad you like them.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Toronado3800
Those rock.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Wow what a improved tool!  Paint.net is just a wee bit better to work with.

Now I just have to learn how to use it!

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
Ok I dabbled a bit and here is what I managed to do.  Take a look at this and tell me what you think.

I changed the marine from a standing to a kneeling position.  Makes for more differentiation from regular inf.

     Old

      New

Though now I don't understand why the background is black?  Any one know?

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

junk2drive
You need to make the background transparent. That is why I told you about Paint.net

You can't do it with png or dds with Paint. Open the file with Paint.net. Use the magic wand tool and click the black areas. Click the cut button (scissors picture or dropdown menu edit). Make sure you get around the arms too. Magnify if necessary.

Then Save as... to png and allow it to auto adjust unless someone here has a specific setting.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

junk2drive
Here is is with tolerance set at 30%. Setting it higher or lower determines how much of the original gets selected to cut. Play with the setting until you get what you want.

marine2.png

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
I loaded the image from the PNG file from the units folder using paint.net and the background is transparent.  When I view the image with picture viewer it looks as it should.  But when I insert the image into the message the background appears black.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

junk2drive
I don't know. If I view my image and your 2 images in a tab on my browser, your top one and mine have no background. Your black one is black here, all alone on a tab, or in Paint.net.

When you say transparent in Paint.net you mean the checkerboard pattern?

Yup

Here is mine

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster

There it is.  I have no idea how it came out right this time though.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

junk2drive
Good. You should be well on your way to making lots of things.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
Already on my way!  Just created a couple of other units that I've been dreaming of.

Escort Carrier

Frigate

Thanks for your help!  This is a new tool I shall put to good use.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

Ok so I'm totally a kid in a candy shop now.

Here is the first re-draft of two of the pic's that started this thread.

There you go , the re-done airfield & Large or Advanced Factory.

Re: A few scratches I was putting together

hepster
And another addition.