A Mod of Ice and Fire

Matoro
I've been working on a map based on A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). I know that there is already one map, but it isn't what I'm looking for. This map is smaller and shows only Westeros.

https://www.mediafire.com/?tjqnjrszie7p71k

-includes FFA with dynamic diplomacy

It inludes two scenarios:

- Game of Thrones Arcade Edition, which isn't based on the "story". There are eight individual Great Houses, Night's Watch and Freefolk. Latter two are meant to be left to AI (preferably do nothing, they are here because I have plans for them).
- GoT:WoFK (War of Five Kings) is a semi-realistic scenario. Initial situation is similar to end of A Game of Thrones/ Season 1 (however slightly modified to make five kings to be there at same time).

Both of these are currently only a draft versions. Any feedback, questions or playtesting is appreciated.

Right now there's some problem with diplomacy. It seems sometimes to start only at turn three, sometimes it doesen't start at all. I can't figure why it does it.

Re: A Mod of Ice and Fire

blumb
This post was updated on .
Hello,
  I downloaded the zip to find that it's not packaged correctly to work in the maps folder. I rezipped it correctly. Easier to show than tell what I mean, so here's a link to it zipped correctly...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rs76ik107nuwcw7/GoT.zip

I didn't play through to get to the diplomacy issues you speak of.

In the GoT-WoFK  xml starting @ line 2013 there are round 2 relationship attachments. I would make sure that all the attachments that follow are as you want them.

Is line 2709 and on correct? The other part of the relationship attachments. I see war and peace in the same attachment?

Disclaimer: I've never worked on attachments like this myself.

Hope this helps:)

Re: A Mod of Ice and Fire

Matoro
Okay, thanks for this.

I had never worked with attachements in this scale before, so for GoT I copypasted ones from Napoleonic Empires 8 player FFA and changed nation names. At first, it worked like a clockwork. For GoT:WoFK, I did the same again but with less nations. For some reason, after that both maps started to mess with diplomacy (mainly starting turns with comabt moves, skipping completely diplomacy phases). I guess I should try build a diplomacy system from scratch.

Re: A Mod of Ice and Fire

blumb
There was a naming issue in the Game of Throne Arcade xml that I didn't point out the last post.
The info name at the top of the xml has to match the name of the xml.
I fixed that.
Here's a zip with both games.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rs76ik107nuwcw7/GoT.zip