2010 - 2012 Donation Drive

Welcome to first Donation Drive for TripleA engine development in two or three years.

I have held off on any kind of donation drive for TripleA because I wanted to have something to show for all the effort.  People have been expecting, ever since the first 1940 game was released, that we would support it.  Now, that day has finally come, and I feel myself and the other devs can feel proud to have made it happen.

The donation will be primarily done by PayPal, but if you do not have PayPal let me know and we can accept other ways like a check or direct deposit, etc.

These funds will go towards the following:
  *  Time spent already on developing the Engine
  -  -  TripleA is no longer just about A&A.  I have spent hundreds of hours making TripleA a general game engine that allows far more customized maps.
  -  -  TripleA now plays all three 1940 maps.

  *  Future work and development on the Engine
  -  -  Continue to improve support for 1940 maps until they are perfect.
  -  -  Support future A&A maps.
  -  -  Continue to make TripleA able to support any kind of game we want to play.
  -  -  Get TripleA to play Risk! and other boardgames.

  *  Time spent on Promoting and Advertising of TripleA
  -  -  We are now on Desura and also on CNET among many other websites.
  -  -  I will apply for us to be on Steam and/or Origin.
  -  -  I maintain all these website accounts and keep their copies updated.

To give some idea of the amount of work that has happened since TripleA 1.2.5.4 was released 2 years ago, consider the following:
  *  I have for more than 2 years maintained the TripleA Maps repository of all known maps and games, as well as art and all other material related to TripleA.  This repository allows people to easily download any map they want.
  *  Having joined the development team in 2009, I was the main developer and only developer for about a year while ComradeKev and Sean quit after 1.2.5.5.  In total I have been developing TripleA's engine for about 2 years.
  *  Since 1.2.5.4 was released, there have been over 800 code commits to the engine.  Approximately half of all changes in the changelog have occurred after 1.2.5.4 was released.
  *  For the past year, I have spent, on average, around 20-30 hours per week, sometimes more, working on the TripleA engine (and that is just me, we have 2-3 other devs too).  In addition, I have created many of the maps in the download list.

How to Donate:
To donate, just click on the link below to donate via PayPal.
http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=44492

Any person who donates will get a special "gear" symbol by their name in Sourceforge, IF they have registered a SourceForge account before donating.  You do not have to register first, you can donate anonymously (most people donate anonymously).

If you do not have PayPal, please let me know by posting here or by emailing me, and we can discuss other ways to donate.  My email is: VEQRYN {at} Hotmail [dot] com

(Started on April 21, 2012.  Last update July 12, 2012)

List of Donators:
Captain0
GraniteAndrew
Railroad
RogerCooper
MajorDad53
Djensen (A&A.org)
Field Marshal Games (FMG)
Vance
P@nther
colomachuck
Magicshel
Mojope
GldnDragon
Variable
MajorQ10
Pomme
Jamester
Bung
Froeschli84
94Canuck
Diffsky
Lozmoid
SilverBullet
Bacala
Shadyaftermath
FaceCanyon
Larry Moricca
kilroynothere
Nathan McAllister
Douglyfresh
David Durham
Stephen Suarez
Jocker
mastermind93
mascheko
Anthony Ortiz
Kevin Wong
Jeffrey Muse
Christian Petty
Skippi
Adam Ladd
ice

If you previously donated since around about November 2011, please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Again, the link to donate is: http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=44492

Many thanks,

Re: 2010 - 2012 Donation Drive

updated on april 27

Re: 2010 - 2012 Donation Drive

Edwin van der Wal
Hi Veqryn,

I donated my share of the donations for the development of Politics and other stuff back to the donationdrive does that mean I should be in the list of donators :)

Cheers!

Re: 2010 - 2012 Donation Drive

you are even better than that, you are a code contributor

Re: 2010 - 2012 Donation Drive

ice
i also donated some money few months back

ice